Thank you Strawberry Sign for posting this challenge on your blog and Aubrey Topaz for taking up the challenge and posting it since that’s where I saw it first! I’ve been blogging for about 4 years now and when I saw this I thought WOW, I have a few things to say! If you go to Strawberry’s Blog you’ll find many more challenges and ooooh so much amazing information for SL Fashion, Photography and Blogging that you’d be able to spend days there!
Before you start, I have the same outfit I blogged this weekend but I’ve put those credits below, just in case you didn’t see it.
- Which electronic devices do you use to blog with? I use my desktop or laptop computer, mostly because I do a ton of writing on my blog and I don’t like typing more than a sentence or two on a touch screen device. I do use my android tablet and mobile phone to access my wordpress account for simple changes or addition though
- Do you have a mission statement for your blog, if so, what is it? To showcase Second Life kid and teens clothing from kids and adult stores around the grid. Also showcasing interesting sims or things other than fashion on occasion; but mostly posts about fashion and modeling as well as tips that will help SL kids strive to enhance there Junior Fashionista style!
- How do you feel about blogs that use their platforms to spread negativity? I don’t know any of them, nor would I care to even find out about them.
- Are you a grammar junkie? Do you thoroughly check your blog for errors before posting and/or do you judge other people’s posts if they contain errors? I am not a grammar junkie, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. 😛 I do use spell and grammar check just to get rid of as many of the red dashed lines as possible since I’m kinda obsessive about removing things that don’t look right, but in the end I’m usually in too much of a hurry getting through all the other details to spend much time on the grammar.
- If you could switch blogs with another blogger who would it be? My friend Jenna Langer. I adore her style and I’m always amazed at how many posts she can do even with helping her rl family and keeping a full time job! I have to add two because Carolina Sautereau’s work is a constant inspiration to me as well, I’ve always admired her creativity, style and dedication as well.
- Has your blog/blogging style evolved over the year(s)? How? Yeah sure my creativity and photography skills has grown with time. I think I see so many Flickr pics and Blog posts from all my blogger friends that new ideas and styles start to blend with my own. I can go back to my very first post though and I’ve figured out that my writing style is still fun-loving and casual. I don’t think much will ever change there since that’s how I am in real life too.
- What is the most extraordinary thing that has happened to you because of blogging? Getting to meet really cool people from all over the world that have a similar passion for the Second Life fashion industry. Learning to put my thoughts, ideas and work in a public forum without fearing what others will think.
- When it comes to Second Life blogs, there are different styles: Fashion bloggers, Lifestyle & Travel bloggers, Informative bloggers, and more. Which style do you prefer and where do you feel your blog fits in? My blog is an SL childrens fashion blog. I sometimes throw in a bit of travel, fashion styling support and modeling tips since I like to mix things up a bit. I do however have a quite specific audience of SL kids and families that I wouldn’t want to confuse, so I try to mix those topics in with my fashion posts.
- What has blogging taught you? Believe it or not it’s helped me to become more consistent with my project organization. I use a template to keep my posts consistent and I approach each post like a mini project by creating folders in SL and on my desktop that support each one. I’ve also honed my multi-tasking skills since I’m required to have so many applications open at the same time but still keep up with my family and friends in SL, Facebook, Plurk, Flickr and etc. Keyboard shortcuts are GOLD. 😀
- Share your top 3 tips for new bloggers. Do it for yourself! Keep your commitments! Always strive to learn new things!
Model: Stasha Benelli
Skin: :GP: Sunburst-Penelope-Makeup 1-Brunette by Gala Phoenix
Hair: *ARGRACE* KAORU – Warm Brown (Upper and Lower part)
Pet: ~Tableau Vivant~ Petit – Pizza the Giraffe by M4ri1yn Magic
Eyes: IKON Horizon Eyes v2 – Pale Grenada (ML) by Ikon Innovia
Lashes: *FTL* Eyelashes – C01 Natural by Framboise Werribee
Dress: ATAKK – Pink & Blue Charleston Dress (SL Body) by trevyr
Watch: **Cute Bytes** Watch – Precious by Bit McMillan
Shoes: (TokiD) destiny loafers (bright sky) by Maya Levane
~hugs~ Stasha Benelli